Rebbe Nachman develops the thesis that Man’s powerful gifts generate great personal responsibility to care, protect and perfect this World.
Series: Human Self-Creation with the Kabbalah of Rebbe Nachman
Time: 10 PM (EST); 7 PM Pacific Time
Date: Monday, Oct. 26th to Monday, Dec. 21st (6 weeks)
Level: All. This course does not require knowledge of Breslov Chassidut but will appeal to those interested in a deeply thoughtful, intellectual exploration of the ideas of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov, which are sourced in the Kabbalah of the Ari’zal, Rabbi Yitzchak Luria.
Text: Likutey Moharan, 5
Instructor: Mordechai Kaufman
This powerfully uplifting Torah is founded on the reality of Man being the purpose and centerpiece of Creation. His unique status is reflected in the possession of Free Will and ongoing direct access to his Creator through Prayer. Rebbe Nachman develops the thesis that Man’s powerful gifts generate great personal responsibility to care, protect and perfect this World.
Join Mordechai Kaufman’s classroom discussions on:
- The centrality of Man within Creation necessitates concern for all of Hashem’s work
- Prayer’s great power mitigates decrees
- Joy allows us to access the enormous potential within our hearts and minds
- The reward for the performance of the Mitzvot
- The means to avoid conflict and destructive disagreement